This year the annual meeting of the Society for American Archaeology (SAA) will be held April 23-27, 2014, in Austin, Texas (about as close as it ever gets to Kansas). I encourage all students considering a career in archaeology to attend this meeting. In addition to a very large number of research and related presentations about archaeology around the world, field trips, workshops, and other activities, there are special sessions specifically for students. For example:
– Welcome Reception for students, new members, and first-time meeting attendees
Wednesday, Apr 23, 9:00-11:00 pm
– ‘Get Hired! Twelve Tips for Getting a Job in Archaeology’ workshop
Thursday, Apr 24, 8:00-10:00 am
– CV/Resume Review for Students
Friday, Apr 25 1:30-3:00 pm
– Speed Mentoring for Students
Saturady, Apr 26 noon-1 pm
– CRM EXPO showcasing large and small CRM firms across the country; a time to learn about these firms and inquire about employment opportunities
Saturday, Apr 26 1:00-4:00 pm
For more information, visit the SAA website and view the preliminary program:
Its never too early to start learning about your chosen profession through the SAA and its annual meeting.
Please let me know if you are considering attending so we can link students together and make travel plans.
Visit the Anthropology Club website for news, minutes, useful links, photos, and a calendar of upcoming events! www.mediatedcultures.net/anthroclub
If you do not want to receive messages from the Anthropology Club, please contact the Anthropology Club President (firstname.lastname@example.org).